5.19.2009

Just one of those times I feel like writing.

I kind of spent most of my life with the theory of never making a bed, because what's the point, you just mess it up again in a few hours! That theory doesn't work when you're a mom. Because no matter what you do, it is undone again in a few hours. Dishes, I feel like I washed 5 minutes ago are suddenly again in the sink. Toys I know I just put away, are again strewn throughout the house. Laundry that has been washed, is once again on the floor in the hamper. Toilets that have been just scrubbed, need scrubbing again, same with bath tubs. And don't even get me started on the kitchen floor. I think I've swept the same millions of crumbs thousands of times. And there's always more.

I could keep going, but it's getting depressing. :) So since becoming a wife and mom I've really had to adopt a new theory. And that even though something will be undone in .234 seconds, it's still worth doing.

But I still don't make the bed. Just don't ever let my grandmother find out. She irons her pillow cases for Pete's sake!

2 comments:

lrbodine said...

I don't make my bed either. Just could never get in that habit even though I love a clean house! I had a roommate in college who wouldn't leave the house until her bed was made but that habit still never passed onto me...

Jen plus 6 said...

Hello, I haven't talked to you in forever... and I don't know how else (besides calling the office) to get a hold of you and Aaron.
Are you still selling Reliv? Send me an email so we can talk about it.
Thanks!
Jennifer Hammond
601hammond@gmail.com