8.20.2009

Home.





So our trip to NJ was wonderful. I actually extended my stay another week, and had to say goodbye to Aaron after 10 great days together. Then I spent the next week with Olivia and my family. Mostly it was just great enjoying delicious food, time with family, beach, boardwalk, etc. Some highlights were deep sea fishing on a boat. We caught 3 fish each, but none were keepers. We spent one day down in LBI and just enjoyed all day on the beach. The waves were pretty good and Olivia was so not into it. She did enjoy the sand though. One night my parents took me and O to Point Pleasant which is another boardwalk on the beach. She loved the rides. It was crazy to see my baby on those rides, looking all like a big girl. She even went on a huge roller coaster with her Pop-pop. Point Pleasant also has an aquarium which was so much fun. O was running around screaming and yelling "FISH!". It was fun.
Now we are home, trying to adjust to the time difference. Olivia is still waking up at 5am. Which would be great if we were in NJ... but we're not, and 5 is way too early! I came home to lots of projects done, thanks to my hubby! He painted the girls room, and moved the furniture and it's just perfect. He also finished painting the wall in the living room that I started 10 months ago. So now I really should be cleaning because yesterday I pretty much vegged all day.
Also, a quick update just for myself about Olivia. These past three weeks have been crazy to see her vocab grow. I can't even count how many words she knows now. She uses 2-3 words together in little phrases, such as "daddy go?" and "byebye daddy" and of course the popular "MINE! Myyyy baby (or whatever item it is)." We are still working on her little violent habit of face pinching when she doesn't want to be held. She likes to be on her own, and if that's interrupted she claws your face off. It's terrible, and she had stopped it for a long time, but started again in NJ. This week I'm also starting to get serious about potty training. I really don't want 2 in diapers, so I have about 2 and a half months to get this girl out of diapers. She goes on the potty, and will usually tell me when she has to pee, but not when she has to poop. But if I time it right, she will poop on the potty, just doesn't tell me that she has to. So I think we're about half way there.

No comments: