8.25.2009

31 weeks.

So I'm 31 weeks and feel really... waddle-ish. I just feel so awkward moving about. And of ourse Olivia has reccently found a love for Ring Around the Rosie. Every time we "all fall down" she jumps right back up asking for "more more more" and I feel like I'm getting a huge workout just getting up and down over and over again.

We've been more serious about potty-training since we've been home from NJ. Olivia was in big girl pants almost all day today. Even a trip grocery shopping that lasted over an hour. She stayed dry all day. It's still a matter of me taking her to the potty every hour or so, but once today she told me peepee, and we actually made it to the potty in time! Normally if she says pee, I have literally 1 second before theres pee everywhere. The hardest part is going out, and knowing we'll be gone for a while. Like, today I had to go buy Aaron some books at MCC's bookstore, and I really didn't want to deal with an accident in a college bookstore, so I put a diaper on her... which I also didn't want to do because I know I need to be consistent. And of course she told me she had to pee when we were there and I had to be like, just pee in your diaper, it's okay. How confusing is that for her??

Anyway, Olivia has had a cold, and been trying to get back on schedule from NJ. She's finally sleeping better, but her nose is still running.

1 comment:

lrbodine said...

These last few months of pregnancy are really the awkward ones! I feel gigantic and realize how hard it is to do little tasks.

Ellie is pretty much potty trained but I do put her in a pull-up for nursery and when I take her to the gym kids club. She will stay all dry but when she is distracted playing with other kids and I'm not near her to remind her to go potty... she has accidents. I'm totally okay with this though because as long as she stays dry the rest of the day and tells me when she needs to go - I'm happy!