1.28.2010

Getting back into the swing of things.

So just a quick post, mostly for me to vent, I think. But first I want to write down some quick stats.

Abigail started rolling over when we were in NJ. She now rolls both ways. Like from the left and the right. Not from her back to tummmy yet. She also giggled for the first time yesterday. BEST sound EVER! I haven't weighed her reccently but I would be surprised if she was under 15lbs. She is so heavy, my arms ache! Olivia is doing great with potty training. We have our accidents here and there, but usually it's because I forget to remind her. She will tell me a lot of the time, but I usually remind her and take her myself. She also knows most of her colors. She draws pictures and then tells me what it is. Like right now she just drew Abigail taking a bath in the sink. Of course it looks like scribbles to me, but it's so cute she totally knows what she's drawning. I have some pretty amazing kids if I do say so myself :).

Anyway on to my venting. Sleeping around here sucks lately. Olivia wakes up several times a night crying that she's scared. We got her a nightlight. I really don't think she's scared at all, I think she just wants me there and she knows that word will get me to stay. I just don't feel right locking her in her room all night if she's feeling scared. What can I say? I'm a sucker. So I want to try Supernanny's method of just taking her by the hand putting her back in bed without saying anything, over and over and over, until she finally gives up and stays there. But every night I don't think I have the patience for it, and so I just sit there with her in her room until she falls back to sleep. Then I sneak out. Then a couple hours later she's up again. And the hours she is sleeping, Abigail is waking up. My once wonderful night time sleeper is now waking several times a night. I nurse her back to sleep each time. With her it's not so bad. I usually fall asleep feeding her, so she winds up spending a lot of the night in our bed. We had a good night a few nights ago. Olivia didn't wake up once, and Abigail actually went 8 straight hours. I got 5 solid hours of sleep before being woken up. I got 3 more after a quick feeding! It was fabulous. I was a new woman. There is something to be said for consolidated sleep. Last night I never got more than 3 hours at a time. Ugh. The positives... Abigail goes down so easily for naps. Olivia has never done this in her life. I just swaddle Abigail, and lay her down when she looks tired, and she falls right to sleep all by herself. Just like it says in the books. Olivia absolutely never did that. I had to hold her until she was in a deep enough sleep then I would lay her down.

I can't seem to get on top of house work. Probably because I spend too much time doing stuff like this. Like right now... I have people coming over in an hour and the house is a mess, I should be cleaning, but of course had to update the blog real quick first right?? This Saturday we cleaned lots and lots and the house looked pretty good. Why can't I just stay on top of it?? And laundry... I am terrible at laundry. I want to learn to love it. But I just don't. When we have lots of money I am totally hiring a laundry service. I think I'd get that before I'd get cable.

And more venting. So far today I have unclogged a toilet, cleaned three big spills, and fished a pebble from Olivia's nose. It's 9:30am. I can only imagine where this day is going to go.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Here's my laundry advice. Each morning, start one load. Go about your day. At some point, put it in the dryer. Go on with your day. Fold it and put it away some time before you go to sleep. Repeat the next day.

At least for me, if I do a load a day, I never feel far behind. And I never pile clean clothes anywhere because they stay there, unfolded and unused for a week. So if they come out of the dryer, fold them and put them away before you go to bed. :)