9.29.2008

scary

Heart attack of my life.


So I was letting Olivia play on the floor in her room. Her new favorite game is emptying baskets, and basically making messes. So she was enjoying that in her room, while I was doing dishes in the kitchen. I went and checked on her every 5 or 10 minutes or so. Each time I found her still happily taking everything out of her little toy basket. Until the last time I went to check. I peaked in the room and she wasn't there! Now, she has been crawling around to get to things that she can see, but I've never seen her actually leave a room and start exploring. Anyway, I searched her room, under the crib, etc. She was def no where in her room. So the next closest room is ours. I looked in there quick, figuring she'd just be in the doorway or something, I mean how far could she get in 5 minutes? So then I go down the hall to the next bedroom and I don't see her in there either. At this point I'm actually crying, and my heart is beating a million miles an hour. I go back into my room to search more thoroughly. Sure enough, there is she under the bed playing with who knows what. I guess that's the end of low supervision play for her.




Sheesh. I'm not ready for this.

(Just a cute picture of dinner time. Sometimes I let Olivia feed herself, which I'm pretty impressed how much does actually end up in her mouth... although it's minor compared to what ends up everywhere else!)


2 comments:

Hadley Family Clan! said...

Oh my gosh!! What an emotional day for you being the mom. I would totally react the same way and cry. That happened to me when Ry was younger and I was in tears and couldn't find her....finally I did. I am sure Olivia is enjoying the space in your mew home and she will find more hiding spaces. I love the picture of her eating and we miss you guys already. Take care.

Rhonda said...

Oh I am sorry you had such a scare! But I love the picture of dinner time!