Not enough time

There's never enough time, is there? Wasn't enough time left in AZ to say goodbye to everyone in person, and eat more delish Mexican food than should be humanly possible. Not enough time in New Jersey to do all I want to do (I'm assuming.. since there's always more to do, and more people to see). And most importantly not enough time to update this blog!

I have seriously thought about blogging since the night before we left. A few days later here I am. It was hard saying goodbye to Arizona. I really will miss it. We say we'll be back, and that is our current plan, but you never know. I was so so so sooooo grateful for the wonderful help we recieved. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law took my kids and my laundry for the day before we left. Friends (Tiffany!) came over and helped pack, and their husbands helped load boxes. I really went to bed that night feeling so grateful for the wonderful people in our life.

And also with a feeling of dread about the 5 hour flight with me and my 2 babies (I can still call Olivia a baby right?). But Aaron gave me a blessing. And I can honestly testify that everything he prayed for came to pass. I was surrounded by helping hands. Going through security, the usual cranky TSA employees were all too eager to hold my baby, fold my stroller, and usher me through. Then as I'm walking to my gate, I notice the lady walking in front of me has a very similar walk to Callee, my mentor teacher from when I did student teaching. Anyone who has done student teaching knows you spend a lot of time with that teacher! Anyway, I really didn't think it could be her, but I just said, "Callee..." kind of like not too loudly, in case it wasn't her, but if it was she might turn around. And she did! I couldn't believe it. She was on her way to Mt. Rushmore! She was able to hang with me at the gate for a bit and help me keep my kids under control. I have been more sure of Heavenly Father's awareness of me. And then I got my seat moved to an empty row. Right behind first class. So there was no one in front of us who's seat Olivia would kick the entire trip. It even gave us a little extra leg room, and I was able to put the kids down there and let them play on the floor. They didn't sleep any of the 5 hour flight. But they were mostly happy. Time passed rather quickly. Someone was always willing to take Abigail when I needed to take Olivia potty (she refused to use a diaper the entire flight). The flight attendent even took Abigail for a walk up and down the aisles for about 20 minutes. Getting off the plane someone helped me carry my bags. Then someone helped me get my luggage. Then someone helped me carry the carseats off the elevator (after I forgot them in baggage claim...). This was in NYC! At JFK! Where everyone is in a hurry. It really was a miracle.

Now we're here at my parents house. And my kids are still kind of freaking out. Well while I type this Abigail is pawing at the keyboard, and Olivia is napping. But Olivia has asked to go "home" at least 3 times a day. I know she'll adjust but it's hard. And Olivia's up an Ab's is screaming so..

1 comment:

Chrsitina MC said...

awesome blessings!