4.10.2011

Yesterday/Today

So yesterday was amazing. However the memories of its wonderfulness are being drowned out by the disaster that was today. But as I type it's call coming back to me.

I went and did XBike with my friend Staci in the morning. It was awesome. I felt good about myself. I came home and cleaned some. And then I got to go get the most amazing facial. It was seriously the most relaxed I have ever been in my life. It was bliss. And afterwards my skin felt amaaaaazing. So unlike my skin. I love that about facials. Anyway, then came home cleaned some more, got all dolled up and went a date with my hubby. It was wonderful. Dates are always wonderful. We went out to eat, and then to Sam's club where we realized our age by the items in our cart. Diapers, milk, and a children's book. We laughed. And felt so free for 2 hours. Lovely.

This morning the kids woke up crying at 5:45am. Aaron brought them in bed with us. Which lasted for 15 minutes. Then Aaron took them downstairs while I went back to sleep until 8:30 - that was the best part of today. They were miserable and cranky right up until it was time for church. Then they were even worse. We go to church for 3 hours. Today was followed by a teacher training meeting right after church - so 3 and a half hours. The first hour was spent trying to listen and be reverent, while trying to keep quiet a 1.5 year old. The next two hours were spent trying to entertain 15 two year olds. During my kids nap time. So Abigail got an itty bitty nap when we got home, O never slept. They were just SOO grouchy all day. Unbelievable how that whining can just grate on you. Dinner wasn't great. Kids wouldn't eat. Just blah.

On the other hand - it was 78 degrees on the way home and we got to eat lunch outside. That was nice.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Be patient, their church reverence will come in time. Just keep up the good work, and it will all work out in the end.
I had a friend, that didn't bring her children to sacrament meeting when they were young, because she thought they were just too bad.
The problem they faced later, they were not used to sitting there at all, so even when older, they couldn't sit there, and the 2 and 3 year olds were much better behaved then they were.