5.20.2008

And for the update with words....

Well we had Olivia's baby blessing on Sunday. It was beautiful and she was an angel. Afterwards we went to Grandpa Opie's for cheese and nachos, and my beautiful cake:

Thank you very much to my friend Sarah for letting me borrow her stuff. I had so much fun making the biggest mess in my kitchen, and this cute little cake. Anyway, it was great to see family and celebrate our beautiful little girl.

Olivia also went in the pool for the first time. I'm not sure if I already blogged this or not, so I will tell you again... Last Thursday we got O all ready for the pool with a little swimmer diaper that was entirely too big, lots of sunscreen, and her cute little bikini top (which may be inappropriate for an infant, but figured it was more modest than the nakie alternative). We got in the water and she was calm and serene as could be. She just loved it. By the time I got done taking pictures and finally got in the water myself, it started to rain! So we quickly got out and got into the house. But it was fun while it lasted. I'm glad she loves the water.

In other news, I decided to run a 5K in Flagstaff in June. This is in preperation for a Sprint Triathlon to take place possibly in October. I really want to get back into shape and this is the most fun way I have found to push myself. That and purchasing a WiiFit first thing tomorrow.

Well that's about all the going's on around here lately. The schedule thing is coming along. Thank you for your book recomendations. Right now I think O is having a major growth spurt because she has been eating every two hours like clock work, and taking more naps during the day and still sleeping like a champ at night. Oh and she giggled for the first time on Friday. She only did it once, and despite trying as hard as I can I haven't been able to get her to do it again.

Oh... and I had my piano recital last night. Yes, I barely started piano lessons about a year and a half ago, but I have learned so much in this past year. I played the Winnie the Pooh theme song. I have to laugh at my recitals because my teacher teaches a large range of students, the youngest about 5 and then there's me, 23. I think the 5 year old played a more complex peice than I did. And I messed up 3 times. I always get so nervous. I feel like everyone in the room is like, "Oh an older person, she's probably going to play something she composed herself... or something really hard." And then I pound out and stumble on "Winnie the Pooh". Ohhh good times.

And I think that's it for real, this time.

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

WOW! Great job on your cake! I bet everyone loved it! I will holler when I start doing the cake decorating classes! It will be fun to have you there!

Christina MC said...

O was adorable in her blessing dress on Sunday and your cake is so creative. I'm glad you're enjoying this motherhood thing so much.