10.03.2010

They're Cute.

Tonight Olivia was sitting at the edge of her bed holding onto her foot board and rocking back and forth yelling, "C'mon Flounder! I know you can do it. You are going to win this race! Aaawwww c'mon Flounder!! You're not even moving! Oh I know! {Hops off bed, gets a pair of pajama's and puts over the foot board} There! Is that better Flounder? Let's go win that race! I know you can do it!"

I have no idea where she comes up with this stuff. I asked Aaron if there was Backyardigans or something with a horse named Flounder who's in a race or something, and it seems like maybe she combined a few episodes together or something. She's a hoot I tell ya.

And Abigail is right behind her. She never wants to be left out. Oh, and by the way did I mention she's WALKING? I love this stage though. She's so unsteady, and slow. She takes about 50 little steps to go the length of one of my strides. I know it's not going to last, and I'll be running around after her before I know it, so I'm enjoying this stage while it lasts. It's so very cute. And speaking of cute... she loves to make people laugh. She will do just about anything if she thinks it will get you to laugh. Lately she'll pick up whatever is around her and put it on her head. Then just look at you with the funniest expression until you laugh. In the car tonight she also started whispering, "Dada... dada... dada..." just a soft whisper. Trying to make us laugh. And it worked. It always works. Just the idea that she's trying to be a little comedian already cracks me up.

She is also learning to communicate her needs quite effectively. She can nod her head yes and no. I think I've mentioned that before. It still amazes me when I ask her certain questions and see her respond correctly. Last night at the grocery store her face was a mess from spaghetti, and the man behind us said, "Do you have a messy face!" And she nodded an enthusiastic yes. It was so funny. Today she brought me a yogurt from the fridge and squealed over and over until I asked, "Do you want to eat this?" And she nodded yes. She can also say, Mama, Dada, uh-oh, nana, and some version of Olivia, like yaya.

Anyway thought I'd take a break from weight loss talk for a bit. I'll get back to that, probably tomorrow.

No comments: