1.27.2012

right now

A snap shot of our life right now...
Nathan is an amazingly wonderful little baby. And not quite so little. He's already about 13lbs, and 24 inches long. He goes four hours between feedings. Sometimes 6 hours at night. He coos, and goos, and makes the cutest little sounds I've ever heard.

Olivia's all time favorite thing right now is watching her daddy play Zelda. She sits next to him with her own controller and pretends she's helping him. It's the cutest thing ever. And for book club this month we are reading The Hobbit. I thought it would be fun to read with Olivia, not sure how she would do, but thought I'd give it a shot. She loves it. We have been reading it at night before she goes to bed.

And then my sweet little Abigail. She wants to do everything herself. If you open a package, juicebox, whatever, before handing it to her, you will suffer her wrath. Which usually involves screaming of, "ABBY DO IT!" And so Abby does it. I tell her I love her constantly. To which she constantly replies, "No you don't." And I say, "Yes, I do. I love you more than (insert anything lovable here)" to which she replies, "No you don't!" And my heart breaks. I know it's just a game to her, but I worry about my "middle child". The other day she got her microphone and started singing. "Abbeeeee looooooost..aaaaaaaaaaaaabeeeee loooosst..."
I said, "Oh pretty song, Abigail!" And she said, "No. Sad song. Abby lost." What on earth am I supposed to make of that??


No comments: